Saturday 9 June 2012

Its been a while...

But in my defence I've not done much birding at all since the trip to Rutland a couple of weeks ago and its been generally quiet across the county so there wasn't anything to blog about really!
Until today.....
When I went Owling earlier this afternoon and saw 4 birds at three sites including the first evidence of breeding success (owlets heard hissing) that I've witnessed this year which was nice. Too bad I'd accidentally switched my camera to a different setting to usual and didnt realise until I got home - the result is many of the days "best" images being completely useless!
A couple survived however and are just about publishable:



Aside from the Owling earlier the garden has exploded into life recently with the numbers of most garden species being swelled by an influx of fledged juveniles. Blackbird, Robin, Chaffinch, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Starling, House Sparrow and Greenfinch youngsters have all been noted in the garden this morning along with a glorious count of 5 adult Bullfinch - they have become increasingly regular over the past few years in the garden with at least a pair being seen most days but its not often that we get 5 at once;

2 comments: