Tuesday 21 August 2012

As promised...

The Hooded Birder went birding yesterday!

As previously indicated I went out with my mate Jack and after a casual mid-morning start we quickly feasted our eyes on some Ozzas from Manton Bridge at Rutland Water, skillfully saving ourselves a yomp down to the Lyndon Hides before we headed eastwards in search of some better weather. The better weather was thus found at Nene Washes Rspb reserve where an enjoyable walk along the bank was had in some nice sunshine.

Ended up getting some good views of Marsh Harriers and a Red Kite sat on a post, along with distant views of three Common Crane. All of the mentioned species were new for Jack so he went home happy and it was only the second time I'd seen Cranes myself so I went home happy too.

Pretty distant Red Kite

Even more distant Common Cranes

No comments:

Post a Comment